Destination Orewa Beach (Mainstreet Orewa Inc; the Orewa business association) recognises the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We are committed to the protection of your personal information. Our policies comply with our obligations under the National Privacy Principles that form part of the Privacy Act 1988 and are intended to protect your privacy in respect of any personal information that you may provide to us.
What information we collect and why
When entering competitions in Orewa, or entering online to subscribe to our e-news, you provide Destination Orewa Beach with your contact details. Destination Orewa Beach collects these details to contact competition winners and to inform you about upcoming events, activities and promotions in Orewa.
Upon your request, all information provided will be removed from our active database.
All personal information collected by Destination Orewa Beach is held securely in a database on the company’s computer. The information collected in connection with this site is held by Destination Orewa Beach and is not submitted to any third party.
How you can unsubscribe from the Email Marketing service
You can choose to unsubscribe from our email newsletter at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email. If at some future stage you choose to register to participate in a contest or promotion, your details will again be put onto our database to receive information from Destination Orewa Beach. If you do not wish to receive these emails you will need to unsubscribe again.
Right of access to your information
Disclosing your information
No information is disclosed to a third party.
For further information regarding New Zealand Privacy Legislation go to www.privacy.org.nz
Junk mail or unsolicited email
You will only receive emails from Destination Orewa Beach if:
- You have subscribed to the Destination Orewa Beach e-news via the website
- Entered a competition/promotion online
- Entered a competition/promotion by completing an entry form which states that your email address will be entered onto our database.
Tips on sending us information
While we do all we can to guard your privacy, no data transfer over the Internet is 100% secure. When you share your information with us, it is at your own risk. There are ways you can help maintain the secrecy of your information:
- always close your browser when you have finished your user session
- ensure others cannot access your personal information and emails if you use a public computer.
If something goes wrong
- someone has gained access to your personal information by mistake
- we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way